Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The one I didn't really want to write...

image by Master isolated images
www.freedigitalphotos.net
I've been trying to "get the word out" about my little blog.


In and of itself, getting the word out isn't a problem...
but my heart sure was.

At first I said to myself, "this is a wonderful way to share what God is teaching me"...
and it is.

But somehow it became an obsession desire to see if I'd gotten new followers or comments...

And then, somewhere along the way, I forgot my purpose...
image courtesy of graur codrin
www.freedigitalphotos.net

God has given me a gift to write, and I always intended to write everything for his glory...but I fell short.

As I spent some time in quiet reflection and prayer, I felt convicted and I felt the Holy Spirit saying...
"This attitude isn't right."

...and I realized, this "slip" back into Martha-ness (post here), the nagging feeling that something wasn't right...

It was all related. It's all because I lost my purpose...

You see, it's not really about me.

I knew that, but I lost sight of that truth. This blog and everything else in my life is for God's glory...except when my ego gets in the way...

I've confessed and asked for forgiveness. And that "not right feeling..."

It's gone.


His mercies are new every morning. I'm so thankful for that truth...even when it means I have to swallow my pride. 

1 comment:

Renata said...

Hi Kristi
I found my way to your blog through the (in)courage community. I must admit I could have written this post many times throughout the years I've been blogging. It is something I've always struggled with ~ balancing it properly~ & especially when I first began & found the fun of blogging. I've found it best to have specific times for the internet & to be very strict on myself about them. Also I remember that real life must always come first & how important my family is. So blogging now for me is an occasional ~ I tend to find time to sit down & write a whole lot of posts & schedule them. I always try to comment if I read a post & sometimes I've met some lovely ladies through this! Thanks for being open about this & for sharing it ~you are not alone!
I look forward to following your blog.
Blessings
Renata:)

Followers