Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Going through the motions...

Lately everything has felt oh-so-everyday...

Do you know that feeling?

Cook breakfast...
clean up breakfast...
do school...
fix a snack...
plan next day's school...
do laundry...
cook lunch...
clean up lunch...
do laundry...
fix a snack...
do devotions (if I'm lucky)...
do laundry...
sweep the floors...

and so on, and so on...
with no. 
end. 
in. 
sight.
(insert large sigh here)

So why is it that some days I can BE the Proverbs 31 woman and do everything with a song in my heart and a smile on my face and my children will call me...
blessed...

and then other days my children will call me...
grouchy...

Sometimes, I forget that the every-day-ness of my life doesn't negate its importance. 

The Holy Spirit is right there with me as I'm sorting socks, and maybe it should be an opportunity to pray (as opposed to complain). Or, even better, perhaps I could thank God that we had enough food to eat as I'm rinsing the plates. 

Motherhood isn't always glamorous, but it is oh-so-important. I'm changing the world, right from my home. I'm on the path that God wants me on - even if it is sometimes covered with laundry.


Linking up to...

1 comment:

Amy Sullivan said...

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

Some days (most days!) I am a going through the motions kind of girl, but just today I got up earlier and tried to be a little more intentional, and you know what? The mundane didn't seem quite so bad.

Followers