Wednesday, November 09, 2011

A beautiful moment...

I had to fight back tears during our Bible time this morning...

It was one of those moments where you could see God's word flowing into little hearts as they "got it."

And I got to be there to share in it!

We read the story in Joshua 10: 1 - 15 about the day God made the sun stand still. (You can read it here.) My kids were fascinated by the story.
wondering how scientists would try to explain it away...
wondering why God asks for our cooperation in his plans 
when he could just do it himself...
wondering why our bad choices don't mess up God's plans... 

Big thoughts. Big questions.

I felt the presence of our Big God this morning in our little schoolroom as we learned more about him.

It was beautiful to look at the 3 little faces gathered around me as they prayed and thanked God for his word and for his plans for our lives.

Today is one that I will treasure in my heart, because today I watched my kids draw closer to their Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Followers