Thursday, February 16, 2012

When we pray...

Today I really feel led to talk about the power of prayer.  In fact, it seems to be one of those posts that God has written for me...
image by Arvind Balaraman freedigitalphotos.net
Recently, I have had the privilege of having an army of prayer warriors interceding for my Little One. I posted on Facebook that I was taking her to the hospital (for the 2nd time in a week!) and my friends and family responded with "praying."

If you were one of those who prayed, thank you. I felt your prayers.

But what does that really mean? Here is what I experienced...


I left the house in a hurry, and left behind 2 crying and upset children with my husband. My heart ached because I couldn't be in both places.

As I drove, I went from sobbing (yes, I know not a good way to drive) to calm. I felt Jesus say...
I've got them. They were mine before they were yours.
As I acknowledged that, I felt peace. They are your children, Jesus. You love them more than I am capable of...


The doctor had asked us to go directly to the hospital, that he would call up to the pediatrics unit and they would be ready when we arrived.
We got the last room in the unit.

Little One got her CT scan that night instead of having to wait and worry until morning.

Her IV went in without a single whimper.

The nurses came in before Little One's IV emptied and started beeping - all night long. It never alarmed, not even once. I was able to rest and so was Little One. (If you've ever had to spend the night on a hospital cot, you know that was a miracle!)

My dear friend texted, all through the evening and into the night waiting with me, praying with me, making arrangements for when we came home...

If you have ever doubted the power of prayer - try it.
Today, on my facebook page for Homeschooling and Other Adventures, I humbly invite you to post your prayer requests. I will personally pray for each person that posts throughout the day today. One request...if you post, please also commit to praying for the person who is above you on the list, and "like" their post to let them know you've prayed. If you don't want to post your actual request, just ask for prayer. God knows what is on your heart. We don't need to know your situation to pray effectively.

And pray in the spirit on all occasions and with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people.
Ephesians 6:18

For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.
Matthew 18:20

Prayer works! I can't wait to see what God is going to do!

Linking up with:
Our Simple Country Life
Raising Mighty Arrows

4 comments:

Kimberly Shaffer said...

Thanks Kristi,
Pray that all goes well, I meet my son's new girlfriend tonight, they're coming in for a long weekend. So want her to like us and us to like her, especially if she's special to Stephen.
Blessings,
I'll be praying for a peacful day for you and yours,
Kimberly

Kristi Slattery said...

Kim,
I will certainly be praying! What a wonderful opportunity you have!

Kristi

MFEO2009 said...

Prayer is amazing. :)
http://myhappilyeverafteragain.blogspot.com/2012/02/taking-scenic-view-thoughts-on-creating.html?utm_source=BP_recent

Lori @ EncourageYourSpouse.com said...

I echo your sentiment - Prayer works. Yes. How completely perfect that you were supported in prayer as you faced a night in hospital with your little one. As Christians we are never alone, and our experiences of faith serve to strengthen us - and others! Thank you for sharing. Praying for you and those you love.

Followers