Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Morning music...

I smiled first thing this morning and it was a wonderful way to start my day.

I heard Little One's sleepy voice call out "daaaaaa-dddeeeee..." My husband walked into her room and quietly told her it's too early for her to start her day.

She was unconvinced.

As my husband and I sat and sipped our coffee and tried to wake up, we heard little footsteps on the stairs.

Little One was standing in the hallway smiling at her daddy.

We snuggled her on the sofa with a blanket and she closed her still-sleepy eyes. Precious Girl came down a few moments later, quickly followed by her brother...

I asked Little One what woke her so early. "Mommy, the birdies sing their morning music to me and I get waked up."

image courtesy of Rosemary Ratcliff freedigitalphotos.net

As I sit here typing, I can hear our family's "morning music" in the background. The sound of a shower...the whir of the washing machine...the sound of a nebulizer...pages turning in a favorite book...the sound of a large lego battle...Little One reading a story to her blankie...the occasional giggle...the refrigerator door opening - and closing...the noise of the dishwasher being emptied...

It's a symphony to my ears. I'm so glad I got up early to hear the music in our home.


No comments:

Followers