Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Bonus Day...



image courtesy of Anusorn P Nachol freedigitalphotos.net

Happy Leap Day! What a wonderful gift an extra day is...


I had a whole list of things planned. I was going to take this "bonus" day and cross off a bunch of projects and get things done...like organizing the basement...


But I felt God calling me to something different, something eternal...


So today, I will tell my children that their Father in Heaven rejoices over them, and exults over them with singing 
(Zephaniah 3:17).


Today, I will remind them they have nothing to fear...
For I, the LORD your God,
hold your right hand;
it is I who way to you, "Fear not,
I am the one who helps you."
Isaiah 41:13

Today, they will know that the work of God is to
"...believe in him whom he has sent."
John 6:29
and that
"If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, 
and the truth will set you free."
John 8:31 - 32




What if, on this extra day of 2012, we...
...embraced every opportunity?
       ...took every thought captive for Christ?
               ...loved our neighbor as ourselves?
                      ...prayed without ceasing?
                          ...gave thanks in everything?
                               ...walked by faith and not by sight?


Happy Leap Day, everyone. 


1 comment:

Dionne said...

I did a funny. Okay, silly post in honor of this extra day! I love this extra day too...as you put it...we should cease this day! Hope all is well with your family!

Followers