Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sweeter than honey...

"You're an awesome wife."
That's what Brian said as he left for work this morning. I can't stop smiling. Someone thinks I'm awesome...it's a pretty good feeling.

It is way too easy in the rush of life to criticize or just be "functional" in our speech. But it really does take some effort to compliment and encourage someone. I often think encouraging things about others and as they come to mind I thank God for that particular person, but my follow up for actually sharing those encouraging words needs some work. I've really been trying to do better with that because, as I experienced again this morning, sweet words really do make you feel special. Through Brian's words I could feel God smiling on me. For the price of our effort, we too, can make the difference in someone's day by encouraging and complimenting.

Proverbs 16:24 says:
"Pleasant words are a honeycomb,
       sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."

Who needs to hear our encouragement this morning? I will ask God, and follow up on what He shares with me!

1 comment:

CB said...

I think you're awesome, too :) and thanks for the reminder to share these thoughts. Someone immediately came to mind!

Followers