Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Preparations...

I have been working like crazy preparing for upcoming events. Several birthday parties to buy presents for, thank you cards for a recent party, Mother's Day cards, party invitations for my son, planning curriculum for next year, sorting stuff for our neighborhood yard sale, plus all of my normal tasks... Busy, busy, busy. Sadly, my to-do list is still very long. I feel like I've made very little progress for all of the energy I've expended.

What struck me most today is how little I've included God in all my preparations. I've been working on next year's studies for my 2 oldest, but have I been praying for wisdom as I chose curriculum? No. I've finished preparing our homeschool portfolio for evaluation tomorrow, and I don't think I took a moment to thank God for mercifully guiding us through another year of homeschooling. It's almost as if I've left God on the fringes of my activities this week. It's so easy to trust him for the big stuff in life...but I really struggle with involving Him in the little things.

I want a relationship with my Father where I can rest assured that He is in control of everything in my life, the big and the small. All I have to do is let it go...

Tomorrow is the National Day of Prayer. For me, it will be a time of "hanging out" with my Heavenly Father. I want to be sure He has first place in my life. Tomorrow, I want to rejoice in being the daughter of the King, to stop all the preparations and just be in His presence.

No comments:

Followers