Thursday, May 20, 2010

A love letter from my Father...

Since I've been reading through the Bible this year, my intention has been to read it from cover to cover in 365 days. That is the "goal." I've read the Bible, every verse, every chapter, but never straight through cover to cover.  (If you haven't ever done this, I'd encourage you to do it! It's never too late to start. You can even find on-line reading schedules to suit your personal needs.)

My time with the Lord is my favorite part of the day. This is especially true when I do my reading before I do anything else. I can't wait to see what He wants to tell me through His word. Verses that I have read time after time seem new and fresh. I see new applications in my life. I'm hearing from God in a way I've experienced only sporadically before this adventure in reading. This is exciting stuff!! I am blessed every day to see Hebrews 4:12 in action. "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

This morning I was reading Psalm 139 (always one of my favorites) and I felt drawn to verse 16. I am especially fond of how it is stated in The Message.

You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
      how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
   Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
      all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
   The days of my life all prepared
      before I'd even lived one day. (The Message)

Our tomorrows are already laid out and perfectly designed by One who loves us more than we can imagine -  the troubling times laid out just as lovingly as the joyful times. I take great comfort today in knowing I really don't have to worry about tomorrow because the One who designed me has created good things for me to do.

No comments:

Followers