Thursday, April 29, 2010

Signs of love...

So often we hear news stories that cause us to focus on the negative, with what is wrong with our world. Today I am resolved to focus on what's right. As I was reading Psalm 119:65 this morning, I was blessed to see that "The earth, O LORD, is full of your steadfast love..."

So what are the signs of God's steadfast love this morning? Well, it's a beautiful sunny day. The kind of day that dawns with the promise of warmer weather. The birds were singing as my eyes opened. Sometimes I wonder if they are worshiping as they wake. My little one woke up calling "Mah-meeeee." That is a sweet sound too. When I walked into the room, she was genuinely glad to see me! There was plenty of food for breakfast. The coffee was already brewing (programmable coffee makers are wonderful!). My husband and I sat at the table while little one played and we read God's word together. My son awoke and said, "I love you, Mommy."

In our family, we call these things "kisses" from God. The world is full of these kisses, reminders of His steadfast love. It falls upon us to choose to see them. As I began to focus my attention on what was right with the world (instead of the crumbs on my kitchen floor) my heart was flooded with joy and thankfulness. I can't think of a better way to start my day.

It's not a matter of whether your cup is half-full or half-empty, but rather where your attention is focused. Stop looking at your cup! Today, I challenge you to focus on signs of God's love. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

No comments:

Followers