Thursday, April 22, 2010

On Eagle's Wings

"They that wait upon the Lord,
Will renew their strength.
They will mount up on wings
like eagles.
They will run and not be weary
They will walk and not faint.
Teach me, Lord;
Teach me, Lord, to wait."

This little snippet of a song has been playing in my mind for the past several hours now. I wish I could remember more of it, or who wrote it to credit them (if you know, please share with me!). This song has always been a great comfort to me.

Facing the next several days when there is too much to do and too little time to do it, has stressed me out much more than it should. You see, I've been trying - again - to do it all myself. It's shockingly easy for me to think that I can carry all the burdens of what "should" be done over the next few days. God gently, lovingly reminded me (again!!) that I am not designed to make it all work. I am designed to be just as fragile and overwhelmed as I'm feeling, but only because I haven't let Him be in control of the schedule. My simple prayer, "Today, I lay all of my expectations down, Lord. Today is yours." brought immediate peace to my soul. I was able to focus and write a to-do list that suddenly didn't seem quite so daunting.

Today I choose to let God take control of "the schedule." It's such a simple thing, really. But it is so difficult to remember in the midst of the planning and striving to make it work. I pray that letting go is much easier for all of you.

No comments:

Followers