Monday, December 12, 2011

It is well...


As the afternoon light filters softly through the curtains, I find my thoughts a million miles away...gazing out into the light, I hear God whisper to me again.

"It's ok..." he says in a voice that makes tears sting my eyes.



photo credit information


Somehow, despite the storm in my heart, I know that it is true. Suddenly, the messiness of the day vanishes. The un-done things don't matter. The careless word I spoke is forgiven. All is well. 

When God's presence is so close that it's warmer than the sun streaming through the window, I can breathe again...

If he is for me, then who can be against me? 

His peace settles like a warm blanket on those worried places in my heart. 
Those big obstacles are dwarfed by my big God. 
Striving ceases and I can just sit...
As I rest in his presence, nothing else matters...

Now, I can respond, "It is well with my soul."


Happy Monday, everyone!


Happily linking up here:
Photobucket>

and here:

Hip Homeschool Hop Button

No comments:

Followers