Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A bittersweet anniversary...

Today is a bittersweet day. Always I meet it with trepidation because I am not sure how my heart will react. I have healed, but I never forget...

This year, I awoke with a smile. It is a wistful smile, but a smile nonetheless.

She would have turned 4 today. 

But there will be no party, no balloons or presents...

And my heart wonders...

As I hear the laughter of my other children, I wonder how her laughter would have blended with theirs.... I wonder if she would have had my green eyes or her father's dark hair...I wonder how it would feel to hold her in my arms...

But it was not to be. 

Her life, although brief, changed mine forever.

Because of her, I know that God's grace is sufficient.

Because of her, I hold my other 3 blessings a little tighter.

Because of her, I know that my Abba Father loves me deeply - and that His love is all I need.

Because of her, I can say
the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away;
blessed be the name of the LORD.
(Job 1:21 KJV)

Happy Birthday, sweet baby.




Linking Up:
Women Living Well
Deep Roots at Home
A Wise Woman Builds...

No comments:

Followers