Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A breath of fresh air...


Today I have been blessed with so many things, I can't even begin to list them all!

One of my favorite blessings today is the weather...I am sitting here typing with a warm breeze ruffling my curtains -- in January!?! It must be close to 60 degrees outside and my kids are running around the back yard enjoying the respite from winter.
image courtesy of kangshutters freedigitalphotos.net
I've even opened the windows to let in some fresh air (and hopefully rid my house of any further sickness!!).

My tulips are starting to push through the mulch, thinking it must be springtime, and there are leaf buds on both my lilac bushes. It's amazing what a little spring weather can do to rid my life of winter grumpies.
image courtesy of artsamui freedigitalphotos.net

But as I sit here pondering this wonderful weather, I'm reminded that spending time in God's word and in prayer can be (and should be!) just as refreshing as the warm sunshine.

As I've been working through how to re-prioritize my life lately, I've learned that those few moments with Jesus each day are so precious and so life giving - while so many of the other things that I had been making a priority are, well...not!

I have a choice, each day, whether to spend time meditating on scripture and praying or to just jump into my day and "wing it."

Let's just say, the days that I make the wrong choice, it's evident pretty quickly. It's worse than a morning without coffee...(and that's pretty bad too!)

But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. 
(Joshua 24:15) 

It is a daily decision. But those few moments of quiet and peace are far more precious than this rare glimpse of spring in January.


Find more inspiration here:

No comments:

Followers