Thursday, June 30, 2011

Seven cents...

Who knew seven cents could be so priceless... 


Today was my sweet girl's 11th birthday. We celebrated tonight with her favorite dinner and a tower of 11 cupcakes with 11 candles. It was a sweetly quiet celebration. 


After the cupcakes my son disappeared for a while. When he returned, he had several notecards and a huge box with him. He ran outside with no explanation and came back without the box...


He put the notecards down in front of his sister and explained that he had a birthday scavenger hunt for her. She followed the clues and ended up outside. The final clue was written in ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics (homeschoolers rock!!)...


Underneath our lilac bush in the front yard my little man left Erin's present...


Seven cents...


Neatly stacked...


She hugged her brother and told him thank you. Her eyes filled with tears as he said "it's all I have right now, but it's for you when you go to Nashville."


I had to walk away so no one else would see the tears...


He's watched us, as a family, save and save for Erin's chance to go to a National Irish Dance competition in Nashville, Tennessee this weekend and he wanted to help out too...


So, he gave his big sister seven cents...all the money that he has in the world right now...


I am blessed.






Linking Up:


Holy Spirit Led Homeschooling: Year in Review

5 comments:

Nicole M said...

So sweet Kristi! Good luck to Erin at Nationals, and clearly your family is already blessed with great kids! Congrats
Nicole (Dean's sister)

mercyalwayswins said...

Oh what a blessing! I am brought to tears by the love within your little family!

laughwithusblog said...

Oh this is incredibly beautiful! I'm sharing your story on Facebook!

Kristi Slattery said...

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing! I really appreciate it.

laughwithusblog said...

You're welcome! I'm featuring your post in tomorrow's "Share a favorite post and woo us to your blog" thread. I hope you get tons of readers! :)

Followers