Thursday, July 07, 2011

Behind the scenes...

He wasn't there to see me navigate an unfamiliar airport...or (try) to conquer my fear of flying...


He wasn't there to see the beauty of the hotel that his hard-earned money paid for...


He wasn't there to see the Hooley School of Irish Dance ROCK their competition at Nationals...


He wasn't there to see his daughter's happy tears when her team won 3rd place...


...He made it all possible, but he wasn't there...


So, where was this devoted husband and daddy?

At home.

Caring for the 2 little ones and holding down the fort so Erin and I could go to Nationals. He graciously stayed behind knowing full well what he was giving up.

I got the better end of the deal - I got to share in all the excitement and adrenaline of seeing our dancers win 3rd place...He got a phone call and a text that somehow couldn't quite contain all of the excitement of the moment...

I am always astounded by the way my husband loves and cares for his family, but this was a great sacrifice on his part and I wanted to make sure that he knows just how grateful I am...

...that he loved us enough to stay behind the scenes.

No comments:

Followers