Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Gift of a "perfect"ly ordinary day...

Attitude is everything, is the lesson I am confronted with day after day. Yesterday was no different...but yet somehow it was... Perhaps it is because I am actively seeking the beauty in each moment, or perhaps it was just another "kiss" from my Heavenly Father. You see, it really doesn't matter because I found beauty and joy in an ordinary day. I was there for every moment - not every woman has that privilege. I'd like to share my day with you.

The kids and I had breakfast and I realized that both Kevin and Jordyn have glints of red in their hair when the sun hits it just right. It made me smile.

We reviewed some math problems and elapsed time questions were a breeze for Erin, and Kevin easily mastered some new subtraction facts. Another smile.

Brian came home for lunch. Not many husbands have the chance to do that almost every day. We are blessed by the bonus time we get to spend with daddy. Smile...

The kids ran through the sprinkler. They were so cute sopping wet and giggling. I almost went to get the camera and then I realized that some moments are just too precious. Smile...tear...

I took a nap...enough said.

Brian took Kevin to a Barnstormers game. Kevin was so excited to have "man time." He's growing up so fast. I took the time to count the freckles on his nose as I adjusted his baseball cap. There are 27.

The girls and I went to buy party supplies for Erin's family birthday party this weekend. Jordyn wore her movie star sunglasses and matching binky. When we got to the store, Erin said "I want something that really represents who I am at 10." (She is a riot) We found bright patterned plates, napkins and tableware. She really has no idea how breathtakingly beautiful she is. Happy tears...

To cap off our TGT evening (total girl time) we stopped at Sonic for milkshakes. They were buy one get one free. You would have thought I bought diamonds for all the excitement that caused. Joy.


We ate milkshakes on the front porch and caught fireflies. Jordyn's face was priceless as she watched with pure delight as they lit up in our hands. Smiles...


Kevin and Brian came home in time to join us for the last few moments of twilight. He held my hand for a moment as we watched our children run around the yard. Still in love after almost-11 years. Priceless.

Smiles, joyful tears, precious moments, joyful children, free milkshakes, loving husband...Thank you, Jesus for a perfectly ordinary day.

No comments:

Followers