Thursday, June 03, 2010

We interrupt this broadcast....

I dreamed of paint colors last night. Followed by a dream of setting up the school room...I get the feeling that I have way too much going on in my mind right now! The "stuff" that I think I have to do before we start school again in a few weeks is now interrupting my dreams.

God usually seems to speak to my heart in whispers and I have to admit that I haven't "heard" Him lately. Not, mind you, because He isn't speaking, but because I've been too busy to listen. This morning, God interrupted my "mental broadcast." I almost felt Him saying, remember me? I'd love to help.  He's not a God that will forcibly demand my attention. He's a wonderfully loving and patient God who whispers and waits...

God brought to my mind the song "What a Friend We Have in Jesus." I went to get a little musical book that Jordyn has so I could hear it and read its words. As I listened, the tears flowed freely, and the relief and peace that flooded my soul were indescribable.

What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear.
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer.

O, what peace we often forfeit.
O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer.
I realize I've been praying "little prayers" again. You know, the prayers you utter to get through a situation. "Give me wisdom Lord," "Give me patience, Lord."  etc. I'm afraid little prayers are not enough for our big God. He wants to hear from us because He knows we can't do it without Him. Prayer is a heartfelt conversation, a dialogue with the Creator who knows us. Prayer helps our hearts to beat in time with His. I want to walk through my day knowing that I am in step with Jesus. When I'm not, it's disastrous - the day is filled with much more frustration and pain than necessary. I am designed to be in relationship with my God, and when I drift away mentally, I'm denying who I was created to be.

I'm so thankful for the interruption. I'm so sorry that it was necessary.

No comments:

Followers