Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Delight yourself...

Delight yourself in the Lord 
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4 ESV

Is Jesus your delight? Does your time with him cause your soul to sing and your heart to smile?

Or is your devotional time 
just another thing that you do?
image courtesy of Willem Siers
freedigitalphotos.net


This is something that I've been praying for quite a bit. I don't ever want my time with the Lord to be "just another task" to check off my list.

I want that sweet time in his word, in his presence, to be something that I desire...something that I cannot live without.

I want the sweetness of his presence to linger with me as I go through my day, I want the joy of his love to bubble through me to those around me.

I want my feet firmly rooted in his promises so that I can gently guide the 3 little hearts I've been charged with.

I want my children to see their mother satisfied, not by a beautiful house or things of this world, but by Christ alone.

The things of this world, while sometimes lovely, do not satisfy.

I don't want to settle for the good 
at the expense of the best.

We, as mothers, have a high calling. May all you do today be a delight!











Linking Up:
The Straightened Path
Far Above Rubies
Growing Home
Time-Warp Wife

No comments:

Followers