Tuesday, April 03, 2012

What if...

I read a quote on a friend's facebook page the other day, and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind...

word art by Kristi Slattery
*Disclaimer: I tried to find the original author of the quote I used in this blog post, 
but was unsuccessful. If you know, please contact me so I can give the proper credit! 
Thank you. *

I was convicted. Seriously convicted. 

What would I have if I woke up with only the things I was thankful for? Sadly, not much.

I had thanked God for my food, and I had thanked him for his healing presence in a friend's life...but that was all I could remember...

Granted, there could be more things that I just didn't remember, but let's not sugar-coat this. I was stunned and saddened by my lack of thankfulness for all of the blessings in my life. 

My mind began to race. 

Surely, I had thanked God for my husband. Hadn't I? We celebrated his birthday, we celebrated him...But I don't remember taking a moment to thank God for the wonderful blessing my husband is to our family. 

Tears stung my eyes...

My beautiful children...had I thanked God for these 3 amazing little miracles? I'm ashamed to admit that I hadn't. The tears flowed freely with that awful realization...

Heavenly Father, how could I be so ungrateful?

As we move toward Easter Sunday, I resolved to take this week to reflect on the blessings in my life -  chief of which is my Savior's gift of eternal life. 

So today, as I watched my children, heads bent over school books, I thanked God for each of them...For Precious Girl's diligence, for Little Man's compassionate heart, for Little One's joy...I thanked God for my husband, that my husband was working so hard for us, and that God had provided more than enough for our family...I thanked God for the music Precious Girl played on the piano...I thanked God for the love of learning...I thanked God for our clothing as I washed and folded the laundry...I thanked God for my home as I swept the floors...

It changed me. Instead of seeing all I had to do, I saw all that I could lose...

Thank you, Jesus, for a second chance!











Linking Up:
Far Above Rubies
Growing Home
Time-Warp Wife
Hip Homeschool Hop

No comments:

Followers