Tuesday, May 01, 2012

It's about time...

Too many days of too much to do and too few hours in the day have left me both weary and defeated.
image by digitalart freedigitalphotos.net

I felt like I was doing nothing well, and I was frustrated at my inability...

I sat down at the keyboard many times over the past few days, and sat and watched the cursor blinking, the blank box for a blog post mocking me....

And I heard that little voice again:
you can't do this...

Only this time, it was not a lie.

This time, it was the gentle voice of the Holy Spirit calling me away.

The time for writing and posting would come...It was time to surrender, to listen, to learn...

It was time to bask in the presence of my Savior and spend time with him... Time to apply the life-giving words I've been reading - to let them fully soak into my heart and mind...

Time to rest...to reflect...to renew my vision for my calling as a wife, as a mother, as a teacher of my precious ones...

Time...

My time is all I have to offer those I love. Time to teach my children, to love my husband, to bear witness to the Lord's goodness...

When my time is His time first, the weariness fades, the defeat becomes victory, and the striving ceases.

My circumstances have not changed, just my focus.

My contentment and joy return, and so do the words...
The blinking cursor, no longer mocking, calls me deeper...


No comments:

Followers