Tuesday, December 06, 2011

A funny Christmas story...


We've been decorating the house for Christmas over the last few days. Everything looks so pretty decked out in its Christmas finery - the twinkling lights, the glow of candles, the smell of fresh-cut pine and bayberry candles...

I treated Little One to a set of nativity scene window clings - something to keep her fingers off of the Christmas ornaments. These clings are arranged and rearranged by her whenever the mood strikes.


This morning, I asked her to tell me the Christmas story using her clings. It was so sweet to hear her little 3-year-old voice talking about Mary and "Foseph" and their little donkey riding to "Befflehem." She told me about the animals and the stable, the wise men and their presents.

Then she got all excited...It was the climax of her story...

"The fairy went to the field and told all the shepherds..."

"Don't be afraid, and no whining!"

I laughed until I cried! I took her in my arms and told her it was the best Christmas Story I've ever heard. 

Now...we just need to work on getting our facts straight...



Have your kids ever told you a hilarious version of a Bible Story?


Linking up here:

2 comments:

Fawn said...

Lovely three years olds. Too cute! This reminds me of my seven-year old niece when I asked her if she was going to dress up for Christmas and she informed me she would not because it was Satan's holiday. And then she proceeded to tell me why. I just wanted to know if she was going to go trick o' treating to get her loving aunt some candy :).

laughwithusblog said...

This is so cute! Thank you for sharing it with me! :)

Followers